There are times when our clients’ needs are beyond what we can offer in the therapy room. This can be scary! Where do we refer them? How do we know if we are making the right choice? How do we speak to our clients about this?
This training is designed with the outpatient therapist in mind in order to equip them to assist clients and families navigating the complex mental health system. Participants will: identify six levels of care that therapy clients experience, discuss how to choose programs to refer to therapy clients in the participant’s area, and demonstrate the ability to discuss levels of care with clients and their families in a therapeutic manner. After this training, participants will be able to speak fluently about each level of care – from intensive outpatient to acute care and from residential to long term care facilities.
- Learn to identify six levels of care that therapy clients experience
- Discuss how to choose programs to refer to therapy clients in their area
- Demonstrate the ability to discuss levels of care with therapy clients and their families in a therapeutic manner
VIRTUAL TRAINING INFORMATION
- If you register for the Virtual Classroom training, make sure you have a good WIFI connection.
- Your computer will need a camera for you to be visible throughout the entire training to receive the certificate.
- We will be using Zoom for the training, and I will send you a link by Tuesday evening the week before the training.
- You will need to download the Zoom program to be able to use the link.
- Please note that during the training there will be one 15-minute break.
M.S., LPC, RPT, REGISTERED PLAY THERAPIST™- SUPERVISOR, EMDR CONSULTANT
Nik has been a private practice counselor at the Center for Counseling and Family Relationships since 2017. He works with children aged (4+), adolescents, and adults, specializing in complex trauma, dissociative disorders, and play therapy. Previously Nik worked at an agency in Missouri providing play therapy to children in the foster care system. He offers continuing education to professionals especially within the topics of working with developmental trauma, dissociative disorders, and play therapy.