Dr. Johnson is an LPC-S, LMFT-S, and RPT-S, who is passionate about supervision. She is committed to ensuring that the training course includes information needed for a supervisor to be fully informed and comply with the most current board rules. Dr. Johnson has supervised Interns and Associates since 2007 both individually and in groups. She has provided supervision for supervisees within her practice, for those outside of her practice, and for supervisees with multiple sites including hospitals, community agencies, adoption agencies, and churches.
Face to Face and Virtual Training Options:
December 3-4, 2019 Deadline: November 26, 2019
February 19-20, 2020 Deadline: February 11, 2020
April 15-16, 2020 Deadline: April 7, 2020
June 10-11, 2020 Deadline: June 2, 2020
COST: $550. if registered 3 weeks in advance (Non-refundable)
COST: $600. if less than 3 weeks in advance (Non-refundable)
There is an added $50. fee for those who take the training virtually.
Supervision Portfolio of essential documents in Microsoft Word and Excel
40 CEU hours including 12 hours of Ethics
Center for Counseling & Family Relationships
4500 Mercantile Plaza Dr., Ste. 307
Fort Worth, Texas 76137
24 Hours of homework is due the first day of class. If registering late or if homework is not completed by the end of the training, the CEU certificate will not be given until all homework has been completed.
LPC’s have 90 days to complete the training once the homework is sent to them.
For LPC’s the training can be used to apply for LPC Supervisor status for 2 years after completing the training.
• Wanting to attend an LPC Supervisor or LMFT Supervisor Training Course that is practical and comprehensive in all needed forms, documents, and knowledge in order to feel prepared to become a supervisor?
• Do you need training as a supervisor due to a promotion of a supervisor role in your agency or organization?
• Have you considered becoming an LPC Supervisor or LMFT Supervisor to grow your practice or be able to supervise LPC-Interns or LMFT-Associates in your employment setting?
• Are you passionate about the mental health field and wanting to invest in an LPC-Intern or LMFT-Associate coming into the field?
• Select from activities focused on building a relationship with a supervisee
• Identify the needs of your supervisee in supervision
• Create a plan for opportunities for growth for your supervisee through self-evaluation and knowledge of ethical responsibilities
• Compare theory and non-theory based models of supervision
• Examine who to choose for supervision, what to discuss in the interview process, and ethical guidelines for supervision
• Prepare documents and ethical paperwork to use in supervision
• Identify evaluations to use that encourage self-awareness for your supervisee
Topics included in the training:
The LPC/LMFT Supervisory Relationship
Theories and Models of Supervision
Practical Tools for Evaluation, Informed Consent, Contracting, and Record Keeping
Ethical and Legal Guidelines for Supervisors