What Makes Our Supervision Unique:
- A compiled list of sites to obtain direct experience hours in the DFW Metroplex
- Activities to build the supervision relationship before supervision begins
- Tools to help you master the Board Rules and Code of Ethics
- A portfolio drive for working with your specific population (Play Therapy or Teen/Adults) with over 200 pages of continuing education information, handouts, and documents for immediate use with clients
- Supervision Contracts and Informed Consent paperwork
- Knowledge of opportunities for networking with other professionals
Dr. Rhonda Johnson has been a LPC/LMFT supervisor since 2007 and a RPT Supervisor since 2014. She has supervised counselors from non-profits, agencies, practicum students and those in private practice.
Jaime Colatriano has been a LPC supervisor since 2016. She is also able to supervise RPT hours. She works with counselors seeking supervision for play therapy.
All of our supervisors are currently accepting new Associates and prospective RPT’s for supervision. We have a limited number of Associate positions within our office. These positions also require supervision by one of our supervisors. Associates seeking supervision for hours obtained off-site are responsible for their own client load either through an agency, hospital, Associate site, or private practice.
Questions for a Supervisee to Consider When Choosing A Supervisor:
- When did the supervisor have their last Supervisor Refresher Course? This is required every 2 years at renewal for supervisors.
- When is the last time the supervisor read through the Board Rules and Code of Ethics?
- Is the supervisor’s current position and experience something you would like to obtain or become in your own career?
- Is a Supervision Contract and Informed Consent agreement being used to clearly outline responsibilities?
- Has the supervisor ever had a complaint filed against them?
For LPC Associates:
The state of Texas requires supervision for one hour a week as stated on the Supervisory Agreement Form. The 2019 Board Rules allow for all supervision to be provided on a HIPAA compliant platform.
For LMFT Associates:
The state of Texas requires supervision for one hour a week and for a minimum of 200 hours. A form can be completed for 100 hours of supervision from a graduate program to count towards the 200 hour requirement.
For RPT supervision:
The Association for Play Therapy requires 35 hours of supervision from an RPT-S and 335 hours of Supervised Play Therapy Experience to become a Registered Play Therapist.
The first step in considering supervision is to contact us on the link above. Education, previous practicum settings, past supervision experiences, goals, expectations, current practice setting, and theoretical background are evaluated in order to ensure a mutually beneficial supervision relationship.
The rate for an individual supervision session for LPC-Associates, LMFT-Associates, or a prospective RPT with Dr. Johnson is $100/session.
The rate for individual supervision for LPC-Associates or future RPT’s with Jaime Colatriano, LPC-S is $60.00.