Wishing you had a shortcut to gain wisdom about owning a private practice AND wanting a personalized approach?
This package is for owners wanting personal growth, to find out about policies to consider, how to improve your current practice, employee issues, how to grow your practice, and planning for the future.
Yearly Elite Private Practice Coaching – Limited to 4 participants
$2,650.00 a year
- Immediate access to 24 videos that were recorded in the October 2018- September 2019 subscription year (topics listed below)
- One new video each month for a year starting in December 2019
- A 50 minute Zoom coaching session each month
- At the end of the day, what makes it a Win if all else fails?
- Business books that helped me focus on ownership
- Accountability with monthly reports
- Yearly report to evaluate the previous year
- Where to get new clients for yourself and your Interns/Associates?
- Wondering how our practice handles FMLA, Disability, Releases and Costs of Calls/Forms/Summaries, not specializing in high conflict custody situations, and personal records requests?
- Malpractice Insurance/Disability Insurance/Estate Planning
- Taxes and Budgeting
- Insurance or Self Pay? Wondering why everyone needs CAQH and NPI numbers?
- Intake Paperwork
- Release for Minor and Adult
- Policies and Procedures
- Privacy Practices
- First Appointment Checklist
- Symptom Checklist for Child, Teen, and Adults
- Foster Care and Adoption Background
- Insurance coding guide
- Insurance Contract Rates
- Steps to get contracted with insurance
- How to contract a new provider with your group practice
- Consent to Release PHI for a Minor and Adult
- Request to Disclose PHI to Parents of a Minor or Adult Client
- Our Practice Handbook for 2020
- Hiring process and questions to ask counselors and administrative staff
- Employees or Contractors?
- Background checks
- Having crucial conversations with others
- Remediation Plans
- Informal Questions for Administrative Staff and Counselors: Off-Site Supervisee, Intern/Associate, Play Intern, and Fully Licensed
Recordings available for past videos after joining:
Included in this video: Decisions and experiences in supervision along with using activities in supervision to expose supervises to new populations, reminders of providing opportunities for current supervisees to help them grow in learning and build relationships in the field, and how to build a network of connections with professionals in the field.
August Private Practice
Included in this video: Handling requests by clients in private practice, when to know if you need a manual and how to handle FMLA and disability paperwork, how to handle divorced parents with conflict, deciding when your practice isn’t the right fit for certain clients, the value of a retreat and building community with your staff, and the decades of life and next steps as a business owner with a Vision Frame in mind.
September Private Practice
Included in this video: Creative ways to develop and give continuing education with colleagues, positive and negative of remediation plans with employees and when it’s time for the relationship to end, the goal of bringing others on board with you at your practice and how to find employees, reading the small print with malpractice policies, and who to seek out for consultations for complaints and court issues.
Each set of paperwork has been compiled, developed, and continually revised since 2007 when Dr. Johnson began the Center for Counseling and Family Relationships. All documents included in the portfolio are sent electronically in Microsoft Word documents.
Starter Set One for Clients:
Our Intake Paperwork
Our Intake Paperwork includes:
Insured’s Information and How to Check Benefits
Cancellation Policy and Credit Card Information
Our Fee Policy
Assignment of Benefits
Limits of Confidentiality
Acknowledgement of Review of Privacy Practices
Our Policies and Procedures
This two-page document includes how we handle:
No-Shows, Late Cancellations, and Scheduling
Late Arrival and Scheduling
Balances and Credits
Parent Updates Before child Sessions
Release of Information
Limits of Confidentiality
Notice Of Privacy Practice:
This form includes HIPAA and PHI information for CCFAM as required by law.
Release of Information for Adult
This form is a standard release for an adult client including: who to release to, information to release, the purpose of the release, and the ability to revoke consent.
Release of Information for a Minor
This form is a standard release for a Minor Client including: who to release to, information to release, the purpose of the release, and the ability to revoke consent.
Advanced Set Two for Clients:
First Appointment Checklist
This checklist is one page and goes through all the details and reminders of what a client needs to know and paperwork to bring to their initial appointment, including arranging childcare for their children and custody paperwork for minor children.
Parent Letter of Participation
When required by divorce decree, this form about our practice is given to the Custodial Parent, who has sought counseling for their child, to share with the child’s other Custodial Parent, who needs to be informed of counseling.
Checklist of Concerns for Child
This checklist is one page and includes concerns of parents and allows them to select symptoms and behaviors of their child. It also includes questions about exercise, sleep, screen time, and devices.
Client History for Teens Only
This history form is several pages and includes the teen’s perspective on:
the need for counseling
medical and behavioral symptoms they are concerned about
information about their family
alcohol and drug history
school and friends
daily life (exercise, sleep, screen time)
Checklist of Concerns for Adult
This checklist is one page and includes: medical and behavioral symptoms along with questions about exercise, sleep, and screen time.
Adoption Background Information
This form is one page and includes questions about the Birth Family and the openness of the adoption.
Foster Care Background Information
This form is two pages and includes Birth Family History and Foster Care Placement History.