15 Aug Texas Supervisor Refresher v3.0
The Supervisor Refresher Training prepares participants to identify the needs of their supervisees with an emphasis on activities to build a relationship with a supervisee, creating a plan for growth for supervisees, and activities to build self-awareness of supervisees. Current Board Rules, Code of Ethics, and standards will be included in the training. A recognition of the roles and responsibilities of a supervisor as well as a comparison of supervision theories including theory based, non-theory
based, and newer research-based perspectives will be covered. The process of interviewing, selecting a supervisee, and ethical guidelines in supervision will be examined. Legal and ethical issues in supervision will be identified and participants will be provided electronic documents, ethical paperwork, and evaluations for both the supervisee and supervisor to use throughout the supervision process. Participants will be given activities and assessments to encourage dialogue as a culturally responsive supervisor.
- Select from activities focused on building a relationship with a supervisee
- Identify the needs of your supervisee in supervision
- Create a plan for opportunities for growth for your supervisee through self- evaluation and knowledge of ethical responsibilities
- Compare theory and non-theory-based models of supervision
- Examine how to choose a supervisee, what to discuss in the interview process, and ethical guidelines for supervision
- Prepare documents and ethical paperwork to use in supervision
- Identify evaluations that encourage self-awareness in your supervision
DR. RHONDA JOHNSON
LPC-S, LMFT-S, RPT-S, TBRI PRACTITIONER, EMDR CONSULTANT, SOMATIC EXPERIENCINGTM PRACTITIONER IN TRAINING
Dr. Johnson is the founder and owner of the Center for Counseling and Family Relationships, a large, thriving group practice that was established in 2007 and specializes in family systems and trauma-informed approaches. She is also the founder and owner of CCFAM Training, established in 2012, offering supervision and ethics courses, and the owner of Play Therapy Training Resources, established in 2021. Through these companies, Dr. Johnson provides continuing education, supervision, and consultations. She is also a teaching fellow for B.H. Carroll Seminary.
Dr. Johnson has supervised interns and associates since 2007, individually and in groups, both live and virtually. She has also provided supervision for supervisees within her practice, for those outside of her practice, and for supervisees with multiple sites including community agencies, adoption agencies, and churches.