03 May Texas Supervisor Refresher v2.0
The Supervisor Refresher Training course prepares participants to identify the needs of their supervisees whether supervising for their employers, as supervisors for the licensing boards, or as supervisors or consultants for associations or certifications. This training is unique from other supervisor trainings, with an emphasis on activities to build relationships with supervisees, creating a plan for growth for supervisees, and activities to build self-awareness of supervisees. Supervision theories are discussed and include non-theory based and newer research-based perspectives. All electronic documents and ethical paperwork are included as part of the training.
- Select from activities focused on building a relationship with a supervisee
- Identify the needs of your supervisee in supervision
- Create a plan for opportunities for growth for your supervisee through self-evaluation and knowledge of ethical responsibilities
- Examine how to choose a supervisee, what to discuss in the interview process, and ethical guidelines for supervision
- Prepare documents and ethical paperwork to use in supervision
- Identify evaluations that encourage self-awareness in your supervisee
DR. RHONDA JOHNSON
LPC-S, LMFT-S, RPT-S, TBRI PRACTITIONER, EMDR CONSULTANT, SOMATIC EXPERIENCINGTM PRACTITIONER IN TRAINING
Dr. Johnson is the founder and owner of the Center for Counseling and Family Relationships, a large, thriving group practice that was established in 2007 and specializes in family systems and trauma-informed approaches. She is also the founder and owner of CCFAM Training, established in 2012, offering a 40 CE supervision course and ethics courses. Dr. Johnson also
owns Play Therapy Training Resources, established in 2021. Through these companies, she provides continuing education, supervision, and consultations. She is also a teaching fellow for
B.H. Carroll Seminary.
Dr. Johnson has supervised Interns and Associates since 2007, both individually and in groups, virtually and live. She has provided supervision for supervisees within her practice, for those outside of her practice, and for supervisees with multiple sites including community agencies, adoption agencies, and churches.