02 Mar Implementing HIPAA and Technology-Assisted Services 2021
5 REASONS TO PURCHASE THIS TRAINING
1. Are you already providing telemental health services or want to have the information needed
before you get started?
2. Are you meeting the technology guidelines outlined by Texas LMFT Rules, NBCC Policies, AAMFT, ACA, and AMFTRB?
3. Do you have the information you need and policies in place for HIPAA, HITECH, and PCI to avoid complaints, violations, and breaches to protect your business or your employer?
4. Are you an in-network contractor with insurance companies requiring you to offer telemental health services or providing billing forms for filing out of network insurance benefits?
5. Do you know the telehealth resources available to you when you have questions?
Whether or not you plan on continuing to provide telemental health counseling, mental health professionals are required to maintain HIPAA compliance, including both the Privacy Rule (Protected Health Information) and Security Rule (HITECH).
In regards to HIPAA and HITECH requirements, Administrative, Technical, and Physical Safeguards are presented in the training. Examples of paperwork used by Center for Counseling and Family Relationships (CCFAM) are given including: Privacy Practices, Business Associate Agreements, and Risk Assessments to meet HIPAA requirements. The training also includes examples of CCFAM’s Telemental Health Intake Paperwork, Telemental Health Informed Consent, Supervision Telemental Health Consent, and a Spanish version of our Telemental Health Intake Paperwork.
- Explain HIPAA, the Privacy Rule, and the Security Rule
- Apply HIPAA, and HITECH compliance guidelines to your practice
- Apply Privacy Practices, Business Associate Agreements, and a Risk Assessment for your organization
- Utilize examples of telemental health paperwork for your counseling setting (Telemental Health Intake Paperwork, Telemental Health Informed Consent, Supervision Telemental Health Consent, and a Spanish version of our Telemental Health Intake Paperwork)
Cost: $50 (Non-Refundable)
Dr. Rhonda Johnson, LPC-S, LMFT-S, RPT-S
Dr. Johnson is the owner of a large group private practice, the Center for Counseling and Family Relationships, which was established in 2007. She is an approved supervisor for LPC’s, LMFT’s, and RPT’s. Dr. Johnson utilizes face to face, telehealth, group, and individual sessions for her supervision. Her practice serves children, adolescents, adults, couples, and families by providing services face to face and through telehealth.
Through CCFAM Training, she also provides private practice coaching and consulting for mental health professionals in leadership and supervisor roles through a telemental health platform.