Ready and Set to Go! In Play Therapy Supervision
6 APT CE
APT Approved Provider #14-376
6 Texas Ethics CEU LPC, LMFT, LSW
COST: $230.00 (NON-REFUNDABLE)
Play Supervision Portfolio is available within the course.
Looking for a training that provides you with all of the essentials to be a successful Play Therapy Supervisor? This workshop combines 10 Ready to Use Activities to start building positive Play Supervision Relationships and 50+ Play Therapy Activities (from Supervision Can Be Playful and Liana Lowenstein workbooks) to use in RPT supervision. Dr. Johnson will discuss the Play Therapy Developmental Model and its use in supervision. Participants are given Ethical Paperwork and Play Therapy Evaluations needed for supervision in a PDF format..
- Identify responsibilities of a play therapy supervisor and play therapy supervisee
- Describe 10+ presented activities used to build a positive play therapy supervision relationship
- Explain factors in the play supervision relationship that predict and affect the alliance
- List ethical paperwork needed for a play supervision relationship, including Informed Consent, Contract, Off-Site Supervision Release, Weekly Documentation Form, and Remediation Plan
- Exhibit understanding of the Play Therapy Developmental Model
- Discuss 50+ play therapy activity options to use in supervision (from Supervision Can Be Playful and Liana Lowenstein workbooks)
- Demonstrate 5 play therapy activities applied to personal life in the training
- Select from 5+ evaluations to use in play therapy supervision
Ethical Paperwork included in the Play Therapy Supervision Portfolio that is given electronically to participants:
- Informed Consent Document
- Supervision Contract
- Consent to Video Recording
- Custom Developed On-Site Supervisor Release and Acknowledgement of Supervisee Responsibilities (for Supervisees with multiple sites or a Supervisor who is not working at the Intern site)
- Custom Developed Supervision Weekly Documentation Form for Supervisees (Keeps the Supervisor up-to-date on what the Supervisee implemented since the last supervision session, what needs to be addressed along with holding a Supervisee accountable for notes, treatment plans, call logs, and termination forms)
- Custom Developed Supervision Logs
- Evaluations including Custom Developed Evaluations to use in Supervision for both the Supervisee (for self, from supervisor, and for Supervisor) and for the Supervisor
Dr. Johnson is an LPC-S, LMFT-S, and RPT-S, who is passionate about supervision. She is excited to add this Play Therapy Supervision training to meet the need of RPT’s who are providing supervision of the next generation of play therapists.
She has been in private practice since 1999 and the owner Center for Counseling and Family Relationships since 2007. She is also a provider of the 40-hour training to become an LPC or LMFT Supervisor in Texas.
Dr. Johnson has supervised Interns and Associates since 2007, both individually and in groups. She has provided supervision for supervisees within her practice, for those outside of her practice, and for supervisees with multiple sites including community agencies, adoption agencies, and churches.
Benefits of the Training Include:
- Becoming more confident in knowing the responsibilities of a Play Therapy Supervisor
- Leaving with Activities that can be immediately implemented in Play Therapy Supervision to build the Relationship and for Supervisee Self-Awareness
- Knowing how to build Alliance with a supervisee
- Having access electronically to essential ethical paperwork needed for Play Supervision
- Obtaining 6 CEU hours towards RPT-S renewal and towards TX LPC/LMFT/LSW Supervisor Refresher hours
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
This training is non-refundable