Dr. Johnson is an LPC-S, LMFT-S, and RPT-S, who is passionate about supervision. She is committed to ensuring that the training course includes information needed for a supervisor to be fully informed and comply with the most current board rules. Dr. Johnson has supervised Interns and Associates since 2007 both individually and in groups. She has provided supervision for supervisees within her practice, for those outside of her practice, and for supervisees with multiple sites including hospitals, community agencies, adoption agencies, and churches.
- Wanting to attend an LPC Supervisor or LMFT Supervisor Training Course that is practical and comprehensive in all needed forms, documents, and knowledge in order to feel prepared to become a supervisor?
- Do you need training as a supervisor due to a promotion of a supervisor role in your agency or organization?
- Have you considered becoming an LPC Supervisor or LMFT Supervisor to grow your practice or be able to supervise LPC-Interns or LMFT-Associates in your employment setting?
- Are you passionate about the mental health field and wanting to invest in an LPC-Intern or LMFT-Associate coming into the field?
Fully On Demand Supervisor Training
COST: $650.00 (Non-Refundable)
Supervision Portfolio of essential documents in PDF Format
40 CEU hours including 12 hours of Ethics
LPC’s have 90 days to complete the training once they purchase the training.
After 90 days, participants will no longer have access to the course to complete the training and would need to re-purchase the training.
For LPC’s the training can be used to apply for LPC Supervisor status for 2 years after completing the training.
The 24 hours of homework for the training is built in between the online lessons in the training.
The homework will need to be approved by Dr. Johnson before moving on to the next lesson.
Please take this into consideration when scheduling time to work on the online training.
After completing an assignment, please email email@example.com to let us know you have turned in an assignment.
- A paper to consider self-awareness of personality traits, natural strengths, and gifts to be used as a future Supervisor
- A Supervision Genogram of past supervision experiences
- A three generation Cultural Genogram to consider generational patterns and life experiences
- Creating a personal Supervision Contract and Informed Consent from a template given by Dr. Johnson
- Creating an activity using a movie to raise your awareness of a supervisee’s needs and clinical skills
- Answering questions to the Board Rules and Code of Ethics for your specific license
- Select from activities focused on building a relationship with a supervisee
- Identify the needs of your supervisee in supervision
- Create a plan for opportunities for growth for your supervisee through self-evaluation and knowledge of ethical responsibilities
- Compare theory and non-theory based models of supervision
- Examine who to choose for supervision, what to discuss in the interview process, and ethical guidelines for supervision
- Prepare documents and ethical paperwork to use in supervision
- Identify evaluations to use that encourage self-awareness for your supervisee
Topics included in the training:
The LPC/LMFT Supervisory Relationship
- Building a Supervision Relationship with the Supervisee
- Roles When Supervising a Supervisee
- How to Incorporate Your Personal Strengths
- How to Meet the Needs of Each Individual Supervisee
- The Goals of LPC and LMFT Supervision
- Resources for Supervision- 21 Assignments and Activities to Use in Supervision
- Expressing Positive and Negative Characteristics of Past Supervision/Setting Goals & Expectations for Supervision
- Up to Date List of All Possible Intern and Associate Sites in Dallas/Ft. Worth by Specialization (to assist Supervisees with finding possible sites)
Theories and Models of Supervision
- Theory Based and Non-theory Based Models of Supervision
- Integrated Developmental Model of supervision (combined with a compiled list of the most common events that occur in mental health to address with a supervisee to prepare for the future)
Practical Tools for Evaluation, Informed Consent, Contracting, and Record Keeping
- Step by Step process to Reduce Liability Risks When choosing Who to Supervise
- LPC/LMFT Informed Consent Documents
- LPC/LMFT Supervision Contracts
- Consent to Video Recording
- Intern Informed Consent for clients
- Custom Developed On-Site Supervisor Release and Acknowledgement of Supervisee Responsibilities (for Supervisees with multiple sites or a Supervisor who is not working at the Intern site)
- Custom Developed Beginning Supervision Checklist (includes information to reduce liability risks and to exceed board requirements)
- Custom Developed Supervision Weekly Documentation Form for Supervisees (Keeps the Supervisor up-to-date on what the Supervisee implemented since the last supervision session, what needs to be addressed along with holding a Supervisee accountable for notes, treatment plans, call logs, and termination forms)
- Custom Developed Supervision Logs (specifically designed for LPC Interns and LMFT Associates, including spaces to document the 7 items required by the LPC Board)
- Evaluations including Custom Developed Evaluations to use in Supervision for both the Supervisee (for self, from supervisor, and for Supervisor) and for the Supervisor
- Supervisee Leave of Absence Contract
- Supervisee Remediation Plan
- Multicultural Aspects of Supervision
Ethical and Legal Guidelines for Supervisors
- Knowledge of Complaints Against Licensees
- Increasing Knowledge of Board Rules & Code of Ethics
- Alternatives to Use for Case Consultation
- Case Vignettes, Videos, and Dr. Johnson’s Personal Supervision Experiences
- Knowledge of the LPC/LMFT Code through a comprehensive quiz on the Board Rules and Code of Ethics to later use with supervisees
For the Live training, all homework is completed ahead of time.
For the On-Demand training, lessons have the homework assignments attached with the appropriate lesson.
The assignments (included before some of the lessons) do have to be approved personally by Dr. Johnson before you can move into the lesson. Please consider the need for approval as you allocate time to work on assignments and lessons.
Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
after you complete an assignment to alert us (we will be watching but do not receive an automatic notice).
If you ever have to log out and log back in during a video, you can always scroll the bar all the way to the end of a video and the quiz will pop up.
The goal of all CCFAM Trainings are for you to have everything you need to be fully prepared to supervise once you complete the training. We have chosen methods that will help to ensure you avoid complaints as a supervisor vs. trying to complete the training as quickly as possible.
Thank you and we look forward to having you as a participant in the training!