The Supervisor Refresher Training course prepares participants to identify the needs of their supervisees whether supervising for their employer, as a supervisor for the licensing boards, or as a supervisor or consultant for associations or certifications. This training is unique from other supervisor trainings with an emphasis on activities to build a relationship with a supervisee, creating a plan for growth for supervisees, and activities to build self-awareness of supervisees. Supervision theories are included from non-theory based and newer research-based perspectives. Participants will have all electronic documents and ethical paperwork included as a part of the training.
- Select from activities focused on building a relationship with a supervisee
- Identify the needs of your supervisee in supervision
- Create a plan for opportunities for growth for your supervisee through self-evaluation and knowledge of ethical responsibilities
- Compare non-theory based models of supervision
- Examine how to choose a supervisee, what to discuss in the interview process, and ethical guidelines for supervision
- Prepare documents and ethical paperwork to use in supervision
- Identify evaluations to use that encourage self-awareness for your supervisee
Dr. Rhonda Johnson is and LPC-S, LMFT-S, RPT-S, who has been working with children, adolescents, adults, couples, and families in private practice since 1999. She became a TBRI Practitioner in 2011 for her specialty of working with children who have been adopted domestically or internationally, children in state foster care, and children who have experienced trauma. Dr. Johnson is also an EMDR Consultant in Training and a Somatic Experiencing™️ Practitioner in Training. She incorporates knowledge from each of these theories and perspectives into her work with families in Family Play Therapy sessions.
Dr. Johnson is the owner of a large group private practice, the Center for Counseling and Family Relationships, which was established in 2007. She is also the owner of CCFAM Training, established in 2012, specializing as a Live, Virtual, and Online CE provider with a focus on supervision, Texas Ethics, play therapy, and children who have experienced trauma. Through CCFAM Training, Dr. Johnson also provides private practice coaching and consulting for mental health professionals in leadership and supervisory roles.