In the Trenches of Private Practice
3 CEU’s for LPC/LMFT/LSW
This training guides you through the steps of exploring your past, present, and future in private practice along with your mission and values. Dr. Johnson reveals the transition from being a counselor into an owner.
Are you overwhelmed with trying to juggle all of the responsibilities of owning a private practice?
Do you need a vision for the future of your practice or do you know how to make your vision happen?
- Analyze the impact of your past before private practice (people, places, and events)
- Explain the importance of culture (whom you surround yourself with inside and outside your practice)
- Select the mission and values behind your practice
- Write the goals and vision for the forward movement of your practice
- Identify personal traits that are impacting your practice in a positive or negative way
- Prepare for trials that you will face in private practice
Dr. Johnson has been working in private practice since 1999. She is the owner of Center for Counseling and Family Relationships, a large group private practice, established in 2007. Her practice has 11 counselors, who are serving children, adults, couples, and families by providing more than 800 sessions per month.
Dr. Johnson began working with a business coach in 2015. Since then, Dr. Johnson has radically changed her perspective of ownership, the mission and values behind the practice, who she hires, and the trajectory of the future of the practice. This training will provide the information every private practice owner should consider whether they are considering private practice or have had a private practice for many years.