31 Aug Texas LPC and LMFT Comprehensive Supervisor Training
Dr. Johnson is an LPC-S, LMFT-S, and RPT-S who is passionate about supervision. She is committed to ensuring that the training course includes information needed for a supervisor to be fully informed and comply with the most current council rules. Dr. Johnson has supervised associates since 2007 both individually and in groups. She has provided supervision for supervisees within her practice, for those outside of her practice, and for supervisees with multiple sites, including hospitals, community agencies, adoption agencies, and churches.
- Are you wanting to attend a practical, comprehensive LPC or LMFT Supervisor Training Course that includes all necessary forms and documents and provides knowledge that will help you feel prepared to become a supervisor?
- Do you need supervisor training due to a promotion into a supervisory role within your agency or organization?
- Have you considered becoming an LPC or LMFT Supervisor in order to grow your practice or in order to supervise associates in your employment setting?
- Are you passionate about the mental health field and wanting to invest in associates coming into the field?
Fully On Demand Supervisor Training
COST: $650.00 (Non-Refundable)
Supervision Portfolio of essential documents in PDF Format
40 CE hours including 12 hours of Ethics
LPC’s have 90 days after purchase to complete the training. After 90 days, participants will no longer have access to the course and will need to purchase the training again.
LPC’s can use this training to apply for LPC Supervisor status for up to 2 years after completion.
The 24 hours of homework in this course are designed to fit between the lessons of the training. ALL homework must be approved by Dr. Johnson at the end of the training before access to the evaluation and certificate can be obtained. Please keep in mind that each homework assignment corresponds to the video lesson. After completing ALL homework assignments, please email them to email@example.com. Dr. Johnson will evaluate and approve homework at that time.
- Writing a paper focused on self-awareness of personality traits, natural strengths, and gifts to be used as a future supervisor
- Completing a Supervision Genogram of past supervision experiences
- Completing a three generation Cultural Genogram to consider generational patterns and life experiences
- Creating a personal Supervision Contract and Informed Consent from a template given by Dr. Johnson
- Creating an activity using a movie to raise your awareness of a supervisee’s needs and clinical skills
- Answering State Licensing Rules questions for your specific license
- Select from activities focused on building a relationship with a supervisee
- Identify the needs of your supervisee in supervision
- Create a plan for opportunities for growth for your supervisee through self-evaluation and knowledge of ethical responsibilities
- Compare theory and non-theory based models of supervision
- Examine how to choose a supervisee, what to discuss in the interview process, and ethical guidelines for supervision
- Prepare documents and ethical paperwork to use in supervision
- Identify evaluations that encourage self-awareness in your supervisee
Topics included in the training:
The LPC/LMFT Supervisory Relationship
- Building a supervision relationship with a supervisee
- Roles in supervision
- How to incorporate your personal strengths
- How to meet the needs of each individual supervisee
- Goals of LPC and LMFT supervision
- Resources for supervision–21 assignments and activities to use in supervision
- Expressing positive and negative characteristics of past supervision
- Setting goals and expectations for supervision
- Up to date list of all possible associate sites in Dallas/Ft. Worth by specialization (to assist supervisees with finding possible sites)
Theories and Models of Supervision
- Theory and non-theory based models of supervision
- Integrated Developmental Model of supervision
- Compiled list of the most common mental health events to help a supervisee prepare for the future
Practical Tools for Evaluation, Informed Consent, Contracting, and Record Keeping
- Step by step process to reduce liability risks when choosing whom to supervise
- LPC/LMFT Informed Consent documents
- LPC/LMFT supervision contracts
- Consent to video recording document
- Associate Informed Consent for clients
- Custom developed On-Site Supervisor Release and Acknowledgement of Supervisee Responsibilities document (for supervisees with multiple sites or a supervisor who is not working at the associate’s site)
- Custom developed Beginning Supervision Checklist (includes information to reduce liability risks and exceed state licensing requirements)
- Custom developed Weekly Documentation Form for Supervisees (keeps the supervisor up-to-date on what the supervisee implemented since the last supervision session and what needs to be addressed, along with holding the supervisee accountable for notes, treatment plans, call logs, and termination forms)
- Custom developed Supervision Logs (specifically designed for associates, including spaces to document items required by state licensing regulations)
- Evaluations, including custom developed evaluations for both the supervisor and the supervisee (the supervisee evaluates self and the supervisor, as well as receiving evaluation from the supervisor)
- Supervisee Leave of Absence Contract
- Supervisee Remediation Plan
- Multicultural aspects of supervision
Ethical and Legal Guidelines for Supervisors
- Knowledge of complaints against licensees
- Increasing knowledge of state licensing rules
- Alternatives to use for case consultation
- Case vignettes, videos, and Dr. Johnson’s personal supervision experiences
- Knowledge of state licensing rules, including an example of a comprehensive quiz to use as you create your own for supervisees in the state where you are licensed