15 Mar Family Play Therapy Techniques 2021 Course
Family play therapy techniques facilitate exploration and opportunities for change in every member of the family system. By identifying attachment styles of caregivers and children, the play therapist can select family play therapy techniques to facilitate exploration of unhealthy patterns and behaviors. This workshop will address goals and progression for family play therapy sessions and techniques for keeping each family member in their window of tolerance during family play therapy sessions. Video examples of family play therapy activities will be shown for participants to prepare responses for addressing unhealthy patterns and behaviors.
- Identify attachment styles of caregivers and children in family play therapy
- Describe the goals and progression for family play therapy sessions
- Select from family play therapy techniques to keep family members in the window of tolerance
- Select from family play therapy activities that facilitate the exploration of unhealthy patterns and behaviors
- Prepare responses to family play video examples of how to address unhealthy patterns and behaviors
- Plan a family play therapy activity with contribution from each group member