Addressing Trauma With Parents and Children in Play Therapy
3 APT CE
APT Approved Provider #14-376
3 Texas Ethics CEU LPC, LMFT, LSW
Cost: $50.00 (non-refundable)
The training includes the video training, manual, games to use when addressing trauma with families, quiz, evaluation, and CE certificate.
This training includes practical information for parents of children in play therapy, who have experienced trauma. Handouts are included for parents of children in play therapy and for the child to focus on family patterns of healthy communication, family values, and connection with each other. Ideas for play therapy sessions are given for addressing trauma with children in family play sessions. Dr. Johnson covers how her practice is including parents and families in their work by adding parent guidance sessions with handouts that assist parents in choosing their parenting goals and from three intervention levels of change for their child and their family.
- Describe symptoms of loss and trauma to parents of children in play therapy
- Compare a character trait chart and a behavior chart to use with parents of children in play therapy
- Demonstrate how to help parents of children in play therapy assess and create parenting goals
- Explain healthy communication patterns to parents of children in play therapy
- Examine handouts to encourage connection and family values to use with parents of children in play therapy
- Select family play therapy activities to incorporate into family sessions
About the Speaker
Dr. Rhonda Johnson, LPC-S, LMFT-S, RPT-S, NCC, CEAP
Dr. Rhonda Johnson is the owner of Center for Counseling and Family Relationships, a large group private practice established in 2007. She is an LPC-S, LMFT-S, and RPT-S. Dr. Johnson has been leading trainings for local associations and hospitals in Texas for the last 6 years and supervising outside and inside supervisees for LPC, LMFT, and RPT for 11 years. Dr. Johnson is an EMDR-Certified counselor and trained in Trust Based Relational Intervention therapy for working with children who have been internationally adopted, adopted domestically, children in foster care, and children from hard places.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
This training is non-refundable