Addressing Trauma and Loss With Children and Parents
This training includes the video training and a parent manual.
Addressing Trauma and Loss is a video with Dr. Rhonda Johnson to empower you as a parent in your responses to your child. All of us have experienced ongoing stress (trauma) and loss in life and your child has too! Dr. Johnson explains how Center for Counseling and Family Relationships is including parents and families in their work with children outside of child counseling sessions.
Included in the Training:
- How to Identify symptoms of loss and trauma in your child
- Common symptoms children experience after trauma
- The difference between a character trait chart and a behavior chart
- Handouts to know how your responses may impact your child’s trauma
- Selecting a goal for parenting from the areas of Communication, Connection, and Boundaries
- 5 healthy communication patterns with your child
- Questions to consider your child’s behavior and needs in and outside of sessions
- Handout to identify the amount of time spent in Connection with each other
- Handout to consider Values and Rituals to use with your child
- Media Questions for parents to use when watching media with their children
About the Speaker
Dr. Rhonda Johnson, LPC-S, LMFT-S, RPT-S, NCC, CEAP
Dr. Rhonda Johnson is the owner of Center for Counseling and Family Relationships, a large group private practice established in 2007. She is an LPC-S, LMFT-S, and RPT-S. Dr. Johnson has been leading trainings for local associations and hospitals in Texas for the last 6 years and supervising outside and inside supervisees for LPC, LMFT, and RPT for 11 years. Dr. Johnson is an EMDR-Trained counselor and trained in Trust Based Relational Intervention therapy for working with children who have been internationally adopted, adopted domestically, children in foster care, and children from hard places.